Information updated February 2019
City Staff 2019
- City Administrator – Adam Birkholz
- City Clerk-Treasurer – Raquel Kirchoff
- Deputy City Clerk – Amanda Zeidler
- Assistant to the City Admin. – Tony Hammes
- Administrative Assistant – Ethel Wolff
- Police Chief – Justin Heldt
- Officers – Jim Lammers, Tyler Bruns
- Public Works – Dave Meyer, Jamie Stotko, and John Schlechter
- Building Inspector – Metro West Inspection Services
- City Attorney – Eggert & Gillis, PLLC
- City Engineer – Bolton & Menk
City offices are located at 201 1st Street North. The mailing address is Winsted City Hall, PO Box 126, Winsted, MN 55395. Regular hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Summer hours (Memorial Day through Labor Day) are Monday through Thursday, 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Friday from 7:30 to 11:30 a.m.
The phone number is 320-485-2366. Other important numbers include:
- Fax 320-485-2858
- City Administrator 320-485-2366
- Building Inspector 763-684-0383
- Police – Emergency 911
- Fire – Emergency 911
- Police Department 320-485-2600
- Public Works 320-485-2201
The Mayor and City Council
The mayor and city council serve as the local legislative body in Winsted. They adopt an annual budget, approve expenditures, appoint staff, and ratify all policies and ordinances of the city.
Mayor and council members
- Mayor Steve Stotko, 372 South Shore Drive, 320-485-3898. His term expires in 2018.
- Tom Ollig, 141 George Ave. E., 320-485-3987. His term expires in 2020.
- Bonnie Quast
- Patty Fitzgerald, 511 Ponto Point (310) 977-8507. Her term expires in 2020.
- Mike Henrich, 431-5th Street N. (320) 485-4455. His term expires in 2018.
City council meetings are conducted the first and third Tuesday of each month at 6 p.m. at city hall, located at 201 1st Street North. To request that an item is placed on the agenda, contact the city administrator. The Winsted City Council has also created several advisory commissions to aid the city in transportation, planning, development, recreation, and quality of life issues.
Fire Board Members
City representatives: Tom Wiemiller, voting
George Schulenberg, non-voting
Winsted Township: Michael Laxen, voting
Tony Hausladen, non-voting
Hollywood Township: Kenny Johnson, voting
Mike Lynch, non-voting
Victor Township: Sean Groos, voting
Greg Bakeberg, non-voting
Woodland Township: Scott Salonek, voting
Barry Pawelk, non-voting
- Fire Chief – Brian Langenfeld
- First Asst. Chief – Jon Davidson
- Second Asst. Chief – Troy Scherping
- First Captain – Todd Koch
- Second Captain – Ryan Chatterton
- Third Captain – Kyle Thompson
The purpose of the Winsted Park Commission is to advise the city council on the proper use of the parks, trails, and natural environment and policies covering recreation activities. The commission recommends an annual budget, reviews equipment needs, and plans for additional recreational opportunities in the area.
Park commission meetings are the second Monday of each month at 5 p.m. in the council chambers, unless noted otherwise.
- Steve Ebert, chair
- Evelyn Fowler
- Tim Fury
- Cindy Racette
- Amy Schultz
The purpose of the planning commission is to advise the city council on all land-use planning matters.
Meetings take place the second Monday of each month at 6 p.m. in the council chambers, unless noted otherwise.
The Winsted Pride Award nominees are judged by the planning commission. The award recognizes residential and commercial/industrial property owners who go above and beyond normal standards to maintain their properties.
- Chairman, Marv Ebensperger
- Jolynn Cafferty
- Max Fasching
- Mike Guggemos
- City council liaison Mike Henrich
Economic Development Authority
Members of Winsted’s Economic Development Authority include:
- Leigha Bruns
- Jacob Schlagel
- Robert Hamilton
- Nancy Fasching
- Cody Cuhel
- Patricia Fitzgerald, council member
- Tom Ollig, council member
- Raquel Kirchoff, ex-officio
- Adam Birkholz, ex-officio