Information updated February 2019
Winsted’s well-maintained parks are perfect for picnics, parties, and playtime. Check out the many recreational opportunities available at each location:
Mill Reserve Park (also known as “lake park”)
- Located on the west side of Winsted Lake
- Outdoor dining: benches, picnic tables, picnic shelters
- Events: An amphitheater at the northwest corner of the park is often used for outdoor concerts, movie nights, and other programs.
- Lakefront: There isn’t a lifeguard on duty, but the public is welcome to utilize the public swimming area, as well as the fishing pier and sandy beach area.
- Other features: Modern playground equipment, portable restroom
South View Park
- Located on the south end of Winsted Lake on Kingsley Street South
- Trails: The Luce Line State Trail is adjacent to South View Park. This trail encompasses more than 60 miles, from the western Minneapolis suburbs to Cosmos.
- Active recreation: Softball field and open space, playground equipment
- Located at McLeod Avenue and McLeod County Road 1
- Outdoor dining: Sheltered picnic area
- Active recreation: Playground equipment, skate park, sand volleyball
- Located at the corner of First Street and Sherman Avenue
- Active recreation: Softball field with bleachers for spectators, basketball hoop, playground equipment
- Outdoor dining: picnic tables
- Located along Main Avenue
- Active recreation: The area is utilized as the local football field, with a track area and basketball courts.
Denis M. Campbell Baseball Field
- Located just to the north of Weinbeck Field along McLeod County Road 1
- Namesake: This field is named after one of Winsted’s amateur baseball hall of fame members.
- Active recreation: About 20 years ago, several organizations donated a batting practice tunnel for the public.
Westgate and Northgate parks
- Located in the Northgate and Westgate housing developments. Westgate’s park includes a ball field.
William May County Park
- Located southeast of Winsted, this is one of six McLeod County parks.
- Outdoor dining: Picnic shelter, grills, a drinking water pump
- Other features: This 71-acre park has hiking trails and a restroom facility, all surrounded by trees.
Oscar and Anna Johnson County Park
- Located just a few miles northeast of Winsted in Wright County
- Features: A swimming beach, boat launch, picnic area, and restrooms.